People have been using olive oil for hair treatment for thousands of years, stating that olive oil is great for hair and that it gives lustre, softness, and durability to hair. Olive oil has been shown to have a significant hydrating impact on hair. By permeating the hair shaft and retaining moisture, olive oil can soften and thicken hair. The shine attributed to olive oil may be due to the oil softening the hair’s outer cuticle. Here are some DIY hair care remedies for applying olive oil to your hair.
Olive oil, eggs, and honey hair strengthening mask
This one claims to do it all, including strengthening, moisturising, and nourishing the hair, as well as leaving it with a significant shine after washing it off.
• Begin by cracking one egg into a mixing basin and whisking it thoroughly.
• Pour in two tablespoons of olive oil.
• Toss in two tablespoons of honey. Mix thoroughly.
• Apply it to your hair and leave it on for 30 minutes before rinsing it out with lukewarm water to reveal smooth, lustrous, and strong hair.
Banana and olive oil deep conditioning mask
If your hair has grown dry, dull, and unkempt, this two-step, two-ingredient mask is all you need to revitalise it quickly.
• In a bowl, crush one ripe banana.
• Toss in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and combine thoroughly.
• Using your fingers or a comb, gently work it through each region of your hair.
• Let it sit for 20 minutes before rinsing it off
How to apply an olive oil hair mask
To apply an olive oil hair mask, one must follow these steps:
- In small amounts, simply apply to damaged hair.
- From the roots to the ends, gently rub the oil into your hair. Concentrate your efforts on the tips if your hair is oily. As you work, you can go back and re-clip finished areas.
- Wrap your hair with a shower cap once you have completed the process.
- Allow for at least 15 minutes of hair masking. If you are using an olive oil and hair mask for the first time, you might wish to rinse it out after 15 minutes. You can keep the mask on for 30 minutes or longer if you have used olive oil before and know it won’t make your hair messy.
- Go over your hair with a wide-toothed comb.
- Shampoo and rinse with water.
Olive oil is great for your hair. It offers numerous benefits to your hair and skin.
It is critical to use only extra-virgin olive oil for hair treatment. You want your oil to be pure, unprocessed, and full of all the benefits it carries, without any manipulation. When you buy something labelled “extra-virgin,” it indicates the oil has not been heated or diluted with additions or chemicals. It means that the olive oil still has all of the necessary vitamins and minerals to feed your hair.